So a few weeks ago I went to my doctor for a sore back. Long story short I have a herniated L5 L6 Disc in my back. What does this mean? I am not sure about long term, but short term, i definitely have to change a few things. This will just another challenge on my path to wellness. My changes are mainly in my activities. No long distance running for a while. Very limited weight training. Nightly walks with my family. I have to stay active, even if it is killing me inside not to lace up the running shoes every morning and eat some pavement.
The other part of my journey is my diet. If I just keep on doing what I have been doing for the past three years I will be in good shape. The whole trick is finding the happy middle ground with diet, exercise, rest, and intermittent fasting. One thing I have learned is that there is some really good points to living the 80/20 life style. This is simply being good 80% of the time and allowing myself to have some foods that might be the healthiest choices the other 20%.
This lifestyle is too easy to follow with the awesome nutrition that Isagenix give me. Nothing has changed for me. My day is pretty much the same. Wake up with a big glass of water. Magic drink of Ionix Supreme and Orange Hydrate. I have my breakfast shake around 10am. A light snack around noon. A wrap of some sort for lunch with some veggies. A shake for a snack. Home for dinner and a walk with my family. I am so blessed to have found this amazing company.
Check back often to see whats going on.